Deadline for submission: 31 October 2023
About The API
The API is an independent non-profit organisation whose primary objective is to strengthen the capacity and knowledge base of accounting and auditing professionals in the African public sector to enhance accounting and auditing service delivery to the citizens of Africa.
Our Vision: An African public sector capacitated with competent, ethical and influential professionals who support accountability, transparency and good financial governance.
Our Mission: To grow the capacity of accountancy professionals in the African public sector for enhanced service delivery.
The API Learning Programme aims to achieve the above institutional goal as a partnership between the accountancy profession (represented by the Pan African Federation of Accountants (“PAFA”)), accountants general or their equivalent (African Association of Accountants General – “AAAG”)), and supreme audit institutions or courts of auditors (represented by the English (“AFROSAI-E”) and French (“CREFIAF”) language sub-groups of the African Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (“AFROSAI”))
This call for interns applications aims to create a short list of high-quality applicants that will be part of a common pool (database) from which the API will pick individuals to assign work from time to time. The internship program will enable API to give opportunities to graduates thereby enabling them to gain work experience as well as industry exposure. The aim is to partly achieve the goal of supporting them to become effective leaders while contributing to the success of API’s vision and mission. This will also help the interns build their resume and be more attractive to employers in the job market.
Interns can work in-person, hybrid, or remote schedule depending on their availability, and the availability of the team to which they are assigned. This will be a paid position for those from the pool who get work assigned to them, relative to budget resource availability.
The Objective of the Call for Interns
The aim of this advert is to build a database (pool of quality applicants) of talented and highly motivated undergraduates or graduate or post graduate students based at our headquarters in South Africa and the Countries where the API is being implemented to work with API for a period to be defined in the contracts of the successful applicants. The placing of successful applicants will not happen immediately and will be dependent on the availability of financial resources and the availability of work relative to the number of countries implementing the API, among other relevant factors.
The API invites applications from all the African countries.
Job Overview: API Interns
We are seeking proactive and self-driven interns to join our team at API (African Professionalisation Initiative). As an API Intern, you will work closely with the management team and be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of API’s vision and strategies. Your role will involve technical tasks, research, content creation, and contributing to various projects. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable insights into the world of professional accountancy (accounting & auditing) and business development thereby positively impacting our organization’s growth while expanding your knowledge and experience.
- Ideal candidates should be in their final year of university or hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree, graduating between 2022 and 2024.
- Background or knowledge in one or more of the following fields is preferred: Accounting, Auditing, Technology (Coding, robotics, ICT), Data Analytics, Statistical Programming, Digital Marketing, Economics, or related areas.
- No prior work experience is required; we welcome fresh graduates and individuals looking to kickstart their professional journey.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Effective time management and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Proactivity: Be self-driven and take the initiative in tackling tasks and challenges.
- Problem-Solving: Exhibit a relentless problem-solving mindset rather than focusing on blame.
- Team Player: Embrace teamwork and collaborate positively with others.
- Attention to Detail: Have good attention to detail and strive for error-free work.
- Innovation: Think big and demonstrate an empirical approach to innovation.
- Time Management: Effectively manage time and deliver quality outputs.
- Communication: Be a responsive and effective communicator, both in written and verbal interactions.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changing circumstances and embrace organizational transformation.
- Desire to Learn: Demonstrate a passion for learning and the ability to manage projects effectively.
- Positive Attitude: Maintain a positive attitude, be open to taking on new projects, and seek clarity when needed.
How to Apply: If you are eager to contribute to the success of API and meet the qualifications listed above, please click the ‘Apply Now‘ button below and fill in the online application form. For further enquiries email us on email@example.com – The application closes by 31 October 2023.